FB TraceManager extensive Firebird monitoring
Firebird Trace and Services API
The Firebird Trace and Services API allows to trace database and services events continuously. While this is extremely useful, the command-line utility fbtracemgr included in the Firebird distribution, is limited in its feature set. FB TraceManager jumps in here and makes the usage of the new Firebird tracing and monitoring facility very easy.
Including Firebird 3 support!
What is FB TraceManager
FB TraceManager by Upscene Productions is currently the only specialized tool available on the market, which exposes the Firebird Trace API in a very user friendly way. With a modern and easy-to-use graphical user interface armed, it exposes the new Firebird tracing capabilities in its full power.
Raw trace data is semi-structured per default. A context-based parser transforms raw data into an understandable structured representation of trace events. This is a solid basis for working on parsed trace data to persist received trace events into an included FB TraceManager database, run user-definable reports and OLAP-style analysis or write user-definable event rules for near-real-time notification upon conditions in trace events you want to watch out. Hotspots analysis gives you an on-the-fly aggregated view on incoming trace events to spot top contributors very quickly.
Beside the well-recognized Trace API support, FB TraceManager also provides additional per-database monitoring facilities for header page and database statistics monitoring and monitoring (MON$) tables integration, with a user-definable coloring schema to identify possible problems more quickly.
FB TraceManager gives you a professional tool set to monitor, profile, trace and optimize your Firebird environment.What's next?
- Do you want to see FB TraceManager in action? Check out the various product demos and screen shots HERE
- Download a 30 days Trial (Enterprise Edition features set), or the freely available Lite Edition HERE
- Mind the regression notice on Firebird 3.0.0 Final (Build: 18.104.22.168483) below
Supported Firebird Versions
- Trace API Support: Firebird 2.5.0, 2.5.2+ and Firebird 3.0.0 (Snapshot Build 22.214.171.124487+)
- Per-Database Monitoring: Firebird 2.1 and up
Due to a regression (see Firebird tracker) in Firebird 3.0.0 Final (Build: 126.96.36.199483) it is not recommended to run a trace session with FB TraceManager against the final release of Firebird 3.0.0. This can lead to a single CPU/core fully utilized on the Firebird server and lock-ups in FB TraceManager. The header page, database statistics and MON$ monitoring area is not affected. If you want to run a trace against Firebird 3, update to a snapshot build or wait until Firebird 3.0.1 is out.
- Multi-threaded for serving multiple server attachments simultaneously
- Register Firebird server attachments including Firebird Embedded
- Register and re-use trace configurations (projects) for starting trace sessions
- Receive raw trace data output
- Log raw trace data into a Firebird database
- Parse raw trace data and transform it into a structured form
- Log parsed trace data into a Firebird database
- Import raw trace output file generated by e.g. fbtracemgr
- Browse logged trace data easily
- Reporting on logged trace data with customized reports built with the included report designer
- Define OLAP/pivot-like ad-hoc queries visually for advanced trace data analysis
- Event processing for customized condition monitoring on trace data
- Hotspots Analysis for an on-the-fly aggregated view on executed statements, procedures, functions and triggers
- Optional light-weight Windows Service based application for trace data storage without any visualization. Trial version included in the registered installer package only. Must be purchased separately
- Per-database monitoring toolset (header page, database statistics, MON% tables)