Event Processing - Register Event Rule
To create a new event rule, select the project node in the Rules area and then click the New Rule button. This will open the Event Rule Registration Wizard dialog.
Enter the following information:
|1.||Project: The project (server name - project name) the event rule applies to. You can select a project when creating or duplicating an event rule. When duplicating an event rule, this means, you can take an event rule from a project and create a copy of that in another project. For editing an existing event rule, the drop-down box is read-only.|
|2.||Display name: This is the text of the node shown in the tree view.|
|3.||Rule name: A logical name of the rule, which might get used in some way in later versions of FB TraceManager 3.|
|4.||Rule type: Select the rule type you want to use. The rule type defines what type of action should be executed upon your user-defined conditions. The rule type directly defines the available functions and variables for writing the script code. Currently, the following rule types are supported:|
- OnTraceDataParsedGridCellColoring: The event rule code is executed when the background color for cells in the parsed trace data grid are applied.
- OnTraceDataParsedGridCellFormatting: The event rule code is executed when the font for cells in the parsed trace data grid are applied (e.g: bold, italic, underline, strike out).
- OnShowAlertWindow: The event rule code is executed for each cell of a parsed trace data row and allows to show a notification window.
- OnSendEmail: The event rule code is executed for each cell of a parsed trace data row and allows to send an email. Mandatory SMTP server settings can be found in the program Settings.
- OnExecuteApplication: The event rule code is executed for each cell of a parsed trace data row and allows to execute an application by it's file name with optional parameters.
- OnPlaySound: The event rule code is executed for each cell of a parsed trace data row and allows to play a .WAV file or a Windows system sound.
|5.||Rule position: The set of available rules are applied/processed in ascending order of the position value.|
|6.||Active: Check/uncheck the checkbox to activate/deactivate the rule. Only activated rules are evaluated and executed.|
|7.||Description: An optional text for describing the rule in more detail.|
Click Finish to finalize the creation process.
What's next: Once an event rule is created, you are ready to write the script code. This will be discussed in the next section Writing Rule Script Code.