Database Workbench database tool for SQL Server database development
Database Workbench offers many features not found in SQL Studio and is a fast performing native Windows tool but works fine under Wine as well!
Why use Database Workbench for SQL Server?
Benefits that make Database Workbench the right tool for database design and development include:
In between DBMS-version updates make it possible to get new functionality without having to wait for the next release of the database system.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and up from a single tool
- SQL Azure supported
- SQL Express supported
- No need to use multiple tools
Design and develop from a single conceptual data model to the different physical models, reverse engineer existing databases to print graphical overviews.
- SQL Insight
- WorkSpace (including TODO lists and object grouping)
- Code Snippet catalog
- Code & Object Templates
- Powerful Visual SQL Builder
- Ability to convert existing legacy data sources
- Transfer data to and from other data sources
- Built-in Test Data Generator (or take a look at our Advanced Data Generator)
- Create diagrams and export or print them
- Print schema reports with tables, procedures and more
Use the Schema Compare and Migration Tools to compare testing and deployed databases, migrate existing databases to different database systems.
No need to switch between different vendor tools, use a single consistently designed tool for all your work.